Girls Leadership is seeking a Youth Participatory Action Research (YPAR) Coordinator. The YPAR Coordinator will support girls and gender expansive youth to lead a two-year study on the leadership of Asian American, Pacific Islander (AAPI) girls in partnership with Evaluation Studio. The goal of this youth-led study is to understand:
- How ethnicity and culture impact AAPI girls’ definition of leadership, their leadership identity, and skill development
- How leadership definition is impacted by intersections of family structure, income level, education level, language spoken at home, geography, immigration status, and generational status
- How parents and caregivers define leadership and identify as leaders
- How teachers perceive supports and barriers to leadership for AAPI girls
The YPAR Coordinator will:
- Facilitating YPAR Team Meetings that occur two times a week for two hours each
- Use YPAR lesson plans that are developed by Evaluation Studio to guide meetings
- Attend all YPAR Team Trainings
- Schedule a weekly or bi-weekly meeting with the Evaluation Studio team to assist with questions or team/community building
- Coordinate, attend and support YPAR Team with all meetings with community based organizations
- Coordinate, attend and support YPAR Team with National Community Meetings
- Update Girls Leadership with reports after each YPAR meeting, and support research program management as needed
- Passionate about girls’ empowerment and leadership
- Committed to Asian American/Pacific Islander girls’ leadership
- At least two years experience providing direct services to adolescent youth
- Experience building partnerships with community-based organizations or schools
- Knowledge and experience with culturally responsive and healing centered practices
- Highly organized with excellent communication skills
- Experienced in facilitating – youth or community-led research projects
Compensation & Benefits
This is a part-time position working 8 – 10 hours per week. The compensation for this position is $30/hour, depending on level of frequency. This is salary-based compensation, not work as an independent contractor.
This is a virtual position.
Girls Leadership encourages individuals of all racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. Girls Leadership is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Applicants of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should read “YPAR Coordinator”.
Applications will be reviewed and processed until the position is secured. To learn more about Girls Leadership, please visit girlsleadership.org.