WHY START YOUR OWN GIRL & GROWN UP BOOK CLUB?
The Girls Leadership Girl & Grown-up Book Club is a fun way to connect with your girl and your community by experiencing page-turning stories involving characters who face challenges, stand up for themselves, and grow in a variety of ways.
For girls in Grades 2 & 3, 4 & 5, and 6, 7 & 8 and a grown-up in their lives.
These books provide a safe starting point for honest dialog. They allow girls to practice leadership skills like communication, facilitation and healthy risk taking in the context of a fun book club. Books on the list have been hand selected by the Girls Leadership team to be age-appropriate and interesting for young readers and grown-ups alike.
IT’S EASY! GIRLS LEADERSHIP PROVIDES ALL THE TOOLS YOU’LL NEED.
Sign up below to get access to our proprietary toolkit which includes these useful FREE resources:
- How to establish an inclusive group
- Sample book club invitations
- Suggestions on naming your own book club chapter
- List of recommended books by grade level
- Discussion questions to bring out the leadership themes in each book
- Activity suggestions
- Facilitation tips (by the end of the year, your girl might run the meetings)
- Advice for creating a fun and empowering Book Club community
- Book Club Facebook Group that allows you to connect with other members around the world.
SIGN UP NOW!
Tell us a bit about yourself & your girl(s) using the form below. Then, check your inbox for our email with instructions about how to start your club, plus links to download all 36 toolkits so far.
Sign up to see this year’s selected reads
Photos by Babita Patel