Entering Grade 7
Session 1: June 27 to July 6 (10 days, 9 nights) *Half Full*
Session 2: July 9 to July 18 (10 days, 9 nights) *4 Spots Left*
A Summer Camp Like No Other
In the seventh grade program, girls get to have all the fun of a summer program (amazing friendships, scavenger hunts, swimming, etc.) while learning the skills to manage their middle school years. Our grade seven girls learn the art and science of how girls relate to one another. They explore personal identity and community to better understand who they are, what they believe, and how they can create meaningful change in their relationships.
At Girls Leadership we define leadership as knowing who you are, what you believe, and being able to express your beliefs effectively to influence others. We see girls’ everyday relationships with friends, family, and peers as leadership opportunities. Leadership isn’t reserved for those few individuals who land in formal roles, such as team captain, or class president, but is a way of life that every girl can live every day. Our goal is to equip every girl with the courage, skills, and community to exercise the power of her voice. At camp, we focus on building self-confidence, community, and interpersonal communication skills.
Girls leave the 7th grade program with a skills booklet to reference throughout the year, an arts piece or memory token from their arts projects, and a sterling silver compass charm to symbolize the challenge and opportunity of finding your own direction.
Dates and Tuition
Session 1: June 27 to July 6 (10 days, 9 nights)
Session 2: July 9 to July 18 (10 days, 9 nights)
$2,800+ $50 application fee
Life at Girls Leadership
For many girls, this is the first long stay away from home. Building a safe and rewarding community is our number one priority. Our summer residential staff are like older sisters: they live on the hall with girls and shepherd them through the program days, from morning wake-up and mealtime, to letter writing and bedtime dance parties. Every girl belongs to a close-knit advisory group where she can share her thoughts, connect to other girls and staff, or just brainstorm their act for skit night.
Girls explore personal identity to increase their self-awareness, diversity to increase their social-awareness, and relationship skills to build community and friendships that are meaningful to them. The curriculum is designed through a culturally responsive approach to social-emotional learning. Campers will explore their relationships to media, body image, and trusting their internal voice. We talk about magazines, movies, music videos, social media, body image, family, boys, school, food, clothes—everything.
Each girl chooses a creative project to explore while at camp. Guided by teaching counselors, girls play, improvise and create unique works of art. Past projects included: photography, theater and improvisation, recycled art, puppetry, clowning, visual journals, yoga & creative writing and more. Summer project choices change each summer, depending on current staff expertise.
Fun events include a trip to San Francisco Golden Gate Park, pool days, ropes course, and Girl Advisory Board Sponsored Night. We also love the Fourth of July! From tie dye activities, face painting and BBQs, summer doesn’t get better than this!
- Games like Whoosh!, Zip, Zap, Zop, Bop and Yes! (Trust us, it’s fun.)
- Morning workshops – Here is where you learn the Girls Leadership skills during these fun interactive sessions
- Free time
- Advisory – Small group discussions
- Projects – Pick your art project! Past projects have included: Creative Writing, Dance, Collaging, Theatre, Photography, Solo Performance, Mask Making
- Move Your Body – Every day campers will get moving through a nature walk, capture the flag, soccer, stretching, yoga, dance, etc.
- Evening Activity – Evenings are 100% fun! Activities include game show night, scavenger hunt, mask making, jewelry making, egg drop, project runway, and much more.
- Love Notes – An adored Girls Leadership tradition, Love Notes is the time where we gather in the hall, dance to GL playlists, and write notes to girls who made our day!