Entering Grade 6
Session 1: June 27 to July 6 (10 days, 9 nights) *One-Third Full*
Session 2: July 9 to July 18 (10 days, 9 nights) *One-Third Full*
A Summer Camp Like No Other
Our entering 6th grade program offers girls a chance to have all the Girls Leadership fun packed into an exciting 10 day experience. In that time, girls gain confidence while building amazing friendships that make them feel unique, powerful and cared for. 6th graders explore personal identity, conflict style, and friendships.
At Girls Leadership we define leadership as knowing who you are, what you believe, and being able to express your beliefs effectively to influence others. We see girls’ everyday relationships with friends, family, and peers as leadership opportunities. Leadership isn’t reserved for those few individuals who land in formal roles, such as team captain, or class president, but is a way of life that every girl can live every day. Our goal is to equip every girl with the courage, skills, and community to exercise the power of her voice. At camp, we focus on building self-confidence, community, and interpersonal communication skills.
Girls leave the 6th grade program with a skills booklet to reference throughout the year, an arts piece or memory token from their arts project, and a seahorse charm to symbolize the beauty and strength of being true to yourself.
Dates and Tuition
Session 1: June 27 to July 6 (10 days, 9 nights)
Session 2: July 9 to July 18 (10 days, 9 nights)
$2,800+ $50 application fee
Life at Girls Leadership
For many girls, this is the first long stay away from home. Building a safe and rewarding community is our number one priority. Our summer residential staff are like older sisters: they live on the hall with girls and shepherd them through the program days, from morning wake-up and mealtime, to letter writing and bedtime dance parties. Every girl belongs to a close-knit advisory group where she can share her thoughts, connect to other girls, or just brainstorm their act for skit night.
Our curriculum for girls entering grade six explores personal identity; exploring their individual magical properties, turning up the volume on their internal voice and hushing their inner critic to more fully exercise the power of their voice.
At the start of the session, each girl chooses a creative project. Guided by professional teaching counselors, girls play, improvise and create unique works of art. Past projects included: photography, theater and improvisation, recycled art, puppetry, clowning, visual journals, yoga & creative writing and more. Summer project choices change each summer, depending on current staff expertise.
Fun events include a trip to San Francisco Golden Gate Park, pool days, ropes course, and Girl Advisory Board Sponsored Night. We also love the Fourth of July! From tie dye activities, face painting and BBQs, summer doesn’t get better than this!
- Games like Whoosh!, Zip, Zap, Zop, Bop and Yes! (Trust us, it’s fun.)
- Morning workshops – Here is where you learn the Girls Leadership skills during these fun interactive sessions
- Free time
- Advisory – Small group discussions
- Projects – Pick your art project! Past projects have included: Creative Writing, Dance, Collaging, Theatre, Photography, Solo Performance, Mask Making
- Move Your Body – Every day campers will get moving through a nature walk, capture the flag, soccer, stretching, yoga, dance, etc.
- Evening Activity – Evenings are 100% fun! Activities include game show night, scavenger hunt, mask making, jewelry making, egg drop, project runway, and much more.
- Love Notes – An adored GL tradition, Love Notes is the time where we gather in the hall, dance to GL playlists, and write notes to girls who made our day!