The Operations and Salesforce Director is responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations of Girls Leadership. This role requires the ability to manage many details, big and small, and to be able to handle a variety of tasks and competing priorities in an environment where things change often.
The ideal candidate for this role would be someone who is committed to the mission of Girls Leadership, is very organized, has excellent written and verbal communication skills, is extremely comfortable using technology and learning new technology and training others, and who can juggle multiple tasks and deliverables at any given time.
Key Operations Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, uphold, update, and improve on operational procedures and policies for the organization
- Design and maintain information technology systems (gmail addresses, inclusion on email lists, Google Drive, Salesforce and other online platform access etc.)
- Oversee vendor management system and nurture vendor relationships; communicate with vendors when issues arise around their services or pricing increases
- Manage Girls Leadership HQ operations, including maintaining office supplies and addressing issues with the physical space by liaising with property manager and maintenance staff as needed
- Manage relationship between Girls Leadership and our registration platform account manager; triage all reported system errors, suggestions, and questions from all staff and present to account manager in order of urgency
- Support the design and set-up registration process for Programs
- Lead orientation and training for frequently used technology and systems used for all new hires, and/or as requested by existing staff
- Manage logistics for staff travel
- And other duties in support of operational functions as assigned by Supervisor
Key Salesforce Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce environment including managing the integration of other platforms
- Organize the organization’s data towards what best serves the mission
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user maintenance, modification of page layouts, generation of reports and dashboards, creation of new fields and other routine tasks
- Gather detailed requests for improvements or changes to the system, and implement these changes as appropriate
- Automate processes using Salesforce tools such as process builder, approval processes, validation rules, and Nonprofit Success Pack features such as engagement plans and levels
- Manage less complex Salesforce integrations – those not handled by a Salesforce Developer or Consultant/Partner
- Identify, install and maintain appropriate apps from the AppExchange for event management, mass email, donation handling, and more
- Train new users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Document customizations made in Salesforce
- Plan ahead for upgrades, seasonal releases and long term projects
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate and prioritize information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce and other integrated systems
- A documented history of successful project completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex processes
- Strong Salesforce interest and ability to quickly master new technology
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, processes, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity preferred
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality preferred
- Minimum two years of experience as a Salesforce administrator preferred
- Salesforce Admin certified preferred
- Experience with nonprofit processes preferred
Compensation & Benefits: This is a full-time exempt position. Starting salary for this position is $81,000. Benefits include health insurance, optional dental/vision, unlimited paid time off with supervisor pre-approval, separate sick time, 11 holidays per year, and a 401(k) plan available after one year of service.
Girls Leadership encourages individuals of all racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. Girls Leadership is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read Operations and Salesforce Director.
Applications will be reviewed and processed until the position is secured. To learn more about Girls Leadership, please visit girlsleadership.org.