In this 1-day training, you will:
- Experience how building an authentic emotional connection with your students will enable you to challenge them further intellectually.
- Unpack the ways your classroom culture impacts your relationship with youth as well as begin designing more intentional policies and practices.
- Practice making mental pivots that enable you to view behavioral problems from a strength-based, possibility-driven perspective.
Together, we will create a power community that interrogates how conventional teaching practices alienate students and collectively dream up ways to engage with young people that allow them to bring their authentic selves to the classroom.
Comes with a tested curriculum to enable you to bring brave spaces, culturally responsive mindsets, and healing-centered engagement into your classroom. Walk away with activities you can implement the next day. Experience and learn specific tools to engage the youth you serve.
To join us for future trainings, sign up here.
Fill out the information below and we’ll be in touch.
Participants Tell Us
“The Brave Spaces curriculum is already being used by K-5 educators in their classrooms to cultivate brave conversations.”
– Public School District Curriculum Specialist.
“The training…provided a productive reframing of how we can learn about ourselves, change the way we structure programming, and grow to be able to better serve the youth that we work with.”
– Participant from Oakland, CA
“The training helped me put a name/title to some of the work we have been doing; it allowed me to put a different lens on and see things about myself I may not have been aware of or have paid attention to. It put me in a space to think deeper and dream bigger than I have. I thank you!”
– Assistant Director, PS 154