New Jersey Outreach Manager
Girls Leadership is seeking a talented sales and communications professional passionate about girls’ social and emotional development, to help build, grow, and manage Girls Leadership’s transformative programs in New Jersey.
The NJ Outreach Manager will oversee all aspects of the sales, marketing, and management of all program/events in these areas, which includes lead prospecting, lead qualifying, program sales, program management, oversight of program marketing and delivery, and relationship stewardship after the program has concluded. This position reports directly to the Chief Partnership Officer.
The Outreach Manager will:
- Execute an annual plan to achieve programmatic sales and revenue goals across the territory;
- Build relationships with parent advocates, schools and community centers to produce lead qualifying research;
- Initiate and close sales of Girls Leadership programs including (but not limited to) Girl & Grown-up workshops and Parent Ed presentations;
- Oversee all client partners as they promote, market, and drive registrations into the booked programs;
- Manage the planning and logistics of booked programs, including securing sites, oversight of client marketing, handling registration and managing event logistics and all client follow-through;
- Steward the relationship with client and participating families once program ends to cultivate continued interest in Girls Leadership programming;
- Work with existing data to develop partnership sites;
- Track, measure, and report on sales and marketing efforts through Salesforce and other platforms.
- Work with the Program Manager to identify, recruit, and train new regional educators.
The ideal candidate:
- Passionate about girls’ empowerment and leadership, across lines of difference
- Committed to our values of Authentic Communication, Courageous Growth, Equity and Play
- Demonstrates social and emotional intelligence
- Holds an undergraduate or graduate degree in marketing or communication with three to five years of sales or relevant experience (candidates who do not have advanced degrees but have significant work experience in these areas will be considered);
- Ability to proactively identify and develop new markets for Girls Leadership programs;
- Is self-motivated, resourceful, a strategic thinker and someone comfortable working independently in a grassroots team member as we build the region;
- Knows how to work successfully as part of a dispersed virtual team;
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, including cross-cultural communications
- Is comfortable speaking publicly with a wide range of influencers including donors, school administrators and parents of K-8 graders;
- Strong relationship and management skills;
- Strong capabilities with databases or CRM software. Salesforce a plus;
- Proficient with Excel;
- Systems-oriented thinker
- Attentive to detail and efficient in the management of diverse tasks and competing priorities
- Experience with the K-8 education landscape of New Jersey a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a part-time position (30hrs. per week M-F) based in Northern New Jersey. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends. Local travel required.
Benefits include health insurance (99% coverage for employee), optional dental/vision, unlimited paid time off with supervisor pre-approval, separate sick time, 11 holidays per year, and a 401(k) plan available after one year of service.
For over 15 years, Girls Leadership has awakened thousands of girls to a life of authentic leadership. We’re on a mission to teach girls the skills to exercise the power of their voice.
We offer in-person programs across the US, and produce free educational content and conduct original research, such as our upcoming project, “Closing the Gap: Understanding How Girls of Color Become Leaders.” Our in-person programs teach girls, educators, and parents the core practices of emotional intelligence, healthy relationships, and assertive self-expression. Taught by professional, salaried instructors, all Girls Leadership programs use interactive lessons and educational theatre-based techniques to help girls connect with their emotions and practice the tools for building healthy, authentic relationships. The courses are age-appropriate and progressive, following girls’ developmental needs from grade school through high school.
We ask people to join our team who are skilled, experienced professionals in their field, but this is only part of what will make you successful as a Girls Leadership team member. We also seek team members who are authentic, seek to contribute to an equitable and inclusive community and build strong relationships with fellow team members, Girls Leadership clients and partners.
Girls Leadership encourages individuals of all racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. Girls Leadership is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should include your full name and “NJ Outreach Manager.”
Applications will be reviewed and processed in the order received through August 23rd, or until the position is secured. To learn more about Girls Leadership, please visit girlsleadership.org.