During the application process you will be asked to agree with the following releases.
I give my child, identified above, permission to participate in the Girls Leadership Institute Inc. (hereinafter referred to as GLI), to be held at Mills College in Oakland, CA. I understand that this is a residential program and that my daughter will reside in a dormitory with other GLI participants under the supervision of GLI staff.
- In consideration for my child’s participation in GLI I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue GLI, Mills College, and their officers, servants, agents, volunteers, or employees (hereinafter referred to as releasee) from any and all liability, claims, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by my child, or any of the property belonging to me or my child, while participating in such activity, or while in, on or upon the premises where the activity is being conducted unless claim is caused by the sole negligence or willful misconduct of GLI.
- I am fully aware of the risks involved and hazards connected with GLI including but not limited to sports activities, the high ropes course and living on a campus, and I hereby agree to my child’s voluntary participation in said activities with full knowledge that said activities may be hazardous to my child and her property. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of being engaged in such an activity, unless claim is caused by the sole negligence or willful misconduct of GLI.
- I further hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the releasees from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney fees, that they may incur due to my child’s participation in GLI.
- I understand that GLI and Mills College do not provide any Accident or Medical Insurance and that I am required to provide this for my child. I agree that I am financially responsible for all medical expenses whatsoever. It is my express intent that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a release, waiver, discharge and covenant not to sue the above-named releases. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of New York.
- In signing this release, I acknowledge and represent that I have read the foregoing Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.
Media Release (mandatory)
I hereby authorize Girls Leadership to use the participant, guardian, sibling, or other family member’s image for the purpose of promoting and representing Girls Leadership and its programs, and grant Girls Leadership all rights, title, and interest.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this, please contact our Director of Summer Program, Iris, at 866-744-9102 ext. 720, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.