Girl Meets World
July 9, 10, and 11, 2018
All scholarships for the July 2018 training have been awarded.
*Please note that our November 2017 training is full, and we are not accepting any more applications for the waitlist. If you are registered for the November training, please scroll down for transportation and hotel information.*
Who should attend the training?
- Are you an educator, clinician, coach, academic, or social justice advocate working with girls and young women?
- Interested in knowing the latest research, interventions, and tools to support the girls you work with?
- Eager to learn from two of the nation’s top experts on the social-emotional development of girls?
What is the Girl Meets World Professional Development Training?
- Become certified to teach the Girl Meets World curriculum;
- Learn the latest research on girls’ development and psychological aggression;
- Practice leading activities and receive coaching and feedback;
- Learn how to create a learning environment in which girls can be themselves;
- Share strategies and experiences with colleagues from around the country;
- Learn Girls Leadership’s unique games and activities;
- Receive one copy of the curriculum.
Day 1 – 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
|10:00||Introduction, Community Building & “Good Girls vs. Real Girls”|
|11:30||Using Role Play with Students|
|2:15||I Feel, Therefore I Am: Building Emotional Intelligence in Girls|
|4:00||The End of Blame: Teaching Ownership and Responsibility|
Happy Hour 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Day 2 – 10:00 AM — 4:00 PM
|10:00||The Power of Play and Being Silly with Girls|
|11:00||The Four Steps: Healthy Conflict & Interpersonal Efficacy|
|12:00||Doing It: Strategies for Optimal Instruction|
|2:00||Nobody’s Perfect: Girls & Self Image|
|3:00||Teaching Preparation in Partners|
Day 3 – 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
|9:45||Teaching Practice with Coaching|
|12:00||Closing and Evaluations|
Registration and Eligibility
To participate, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Employment by a school or youth services organization
- Employment as a clinician working with youth, including private practice
- Formal volunteer position with a youth services organization, such as Girl Scout troop leader
If you have any questions about eligibility, please call our office at (410) 878-2258, ext. 1 or email email@example.com.
Please be advised that registration does not guarantee enrollment. You will be notified of your application’s status within two weeks of its submission. If your application is not accepted, we will refund your program fee. Applications are processed in the order received. Please be advised that certification to teach Girl Meets World does not authorize individuals to sell the program or train others to teach it.
Girl Meets World Fall 2017
- Smith College – Northampton, MA
- November 13, 14, and 15, 2017
Please note all scholarships have been awarded for the November 2017 training.
$970 for three-day training. Tuition fee includes one copy of the Girl Meets World curriculum.
All scholarships for July 2018 have been awarded.
- Lunch and refreshments each day
- Continental breakfast all three days
- Evening Happy Hour on day one
- One copy of the curriculum
No credits or refunds are available within 30 days of the start of the program.
36 King Street
Northampton, MA 01060
Participants can call hotel directly at (413) 584-3100 and ask for the Girls Leadership room block in order to obtain the courtesy group rate of $139 per night. Please do not reserve a room unless you have been officially accepted into the program.
All reservations must be made prior to October 27 to ensure the group rate is secured. Our block of 30 rooms will be released after this date. Check in is on Sunday, November 12 any time after 2:30pm, and check out is on Wednesday, November 15 by 11:00am. Hotel Northampton is within walking distance of Smith College.
If you would like to look into other accommodations, please feel free. Participants are not obligated to stay at the hotel(s) we recommend, and are welcome to make their own arrangements. Other accommodation options in the area include Fairfield Inn and Suites – Springfield Northampton/
Transportation to Smith College and the surrounding area from the Boston or Hartford airports is available from a number of services. Please see below for more information:
- Affordable Airport Car Service, 413-739-7293
- Boston Car Service, 877-345-0292
- Exclusive Car Service, 413-534-3505 or 877-695-4665
- GoGreen Cab Co., 413-586-0707
- Seemo Shuttle, 413-586-1120 or 800-908-2829
- Valley Transporter, 413-253-1350 or 800-872-8752
- VanGO, 617-431-8308
Dress for comfort and play. Please, no heels or restrictive clothing.
What Others Are Saying About Girl Meets World:
“This workshop was extremely hands-on and productive. I walked away with concrete models of what to turnkey to my teachers; that is a rarity at most education workshops. Playing games is something most adults never have time for – this workshop was a true reminder that we all need to laugh, take risks, and step outside the box, especially if we want our children to do so.” – Tara
“Intelligent, intense workshops with outstanding leadership facilitators.” – Sally
“Amazing. Chance of a lifetime. You read a book then work in a small group with the author – incredible opportunity. Rachel, so down to earth. Simone, majorly talented and gifted in the arts.” – Leanne
“It’s been awesome! We love having a tool that is so effective.” – Sonia
“It was a great way to interface with other like minded individuals while learning a fantastic curriculum.” – Vicki
“An important aspect of growth that often gets overlooked. Taught in a concise and hands on way.” – Arielle