Girls Leadership is seeking an experienced marketing professional to join our team at a thrilling moment of clarity as we design programs for the most marginalized girls to better serve all girls, and work to address gender and racial barriers to leadership. We are seeking a leader with a vision on how to grow our brand awareness and our story across media so that we can generate impact on both the individual and systemic levels. We are looking for an individual with the experience to measure the process, and the relational skills to steward national partnerships with school districts, non-profit networks and corporations.
The Director of Marketing and Engagement works as a member of the leadership team of Girls Leadership and oversees the development and implementation of marketing strategies and guides the team that executes them. The Director of Marketing and Engagement oversees the work to build brand awareness and broaden the organization’s national engagement and impact across regions.
- Create, implement and manage organizational marketing strategy;
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Development Director to coordinate communications and marketing activities;
- Develop an annual marketing plan based on current trends and landscape to achieve annual revenue and impact goals;
- Understand, articulate, and generate the voice of the organization;
- Oversee the development of social media strategy to track and share regular reports of how social media is supporting organizational goals, and growing brand engagement and visibility;
- Oversee content creation that responds to ever changing landscape for girls, families, and schools, including digital content, email communication, program fliers and event correspondence, videos and blogs;
- Oversee all updates to the website to make the brand consistent across the site, drive program engagement, and philanthropic activities;
- Identify, track, and share regular reports of key quantitative measures of marketing success;
- Manage the Digital Marketing Manager;
- Manage the communications, social media and PR support personnel;
- Manage marketing email platform;
- Oversee the production of all marketing collateral, including materials for earned revenue, and support revenue; and
- Support other activities that serve marketing engagement purposes (i.e. webinars, roundtables, fundraisers etc.).
- Develop and oversee all engagement systems and processes to ensure engagement strategy and activities are consistent across regions;
- Prep and facilitate the Engagement meeting;
- Drive national engagement activities;
- Manage customer relationship management platform;
- Manage national strategic partnerships;
- Create engagement proposals, MOUs and other agreements;
- Manage the Engagement Coordinator;
- Work in collaboration with the Operations and Salesforce Director and Client Services Manager in executing the operational functions of engagement;
- Support Regional Directors with engagement processes, collateral, and CRM tracking;
- Work in collaboration with Chief Program Officer and National Program Director to execute on engagement goals/objectives;
- Track and monitor the earned revenue and impact through regular reporting.
The ideal candidate is:
- Passionate about girls’ empowerment and experienced in the nonprofit sector;
- Analytical, resourceful, creative and strategic thinker;
- Strong communicator who is comfortable working both independently and with team members;
- Experienced with the girl-serving networks and has expertise with our audiences;
- Experienced in project management and strategic planning;
- Experienced in communications, including PR, marketing, content production, and social media;
- Experienced in engagement and outreach activities;
- Proficient in the use of Salesforce or equivalent CRM platform;
- Comfortable in engaging with a diversity of individuals, organizations, schools and other educational networks;
- Able to take organizational ambiguity and turn it into an action plan with desired outcomes, benchmarks, deadlines;
- Motivated to make things happen while maintaining flexibility and a sense of humor;
- Committed to the values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Compensation & Benefits: This is a full-time exempt position. Starting salary is $100,000. Benefits include health insurance, dental/vision insurance, unlimited paid time off with supervisor pre-approval, separate sick time, 11 holidays per year, and a 401(k) plan available after one year of employment. All positions at Girls Leadership work a hybrid model. In-person work is 2 1/2 days per week in the office at Mills College in Oakland.
Girls Leadership encourages individuals of all racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. Girls Leadership is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read Director of Marketing and Engagement.
Applications will be reviewed and processed until the position is secured. To learn more about Girls Leadership, please visit girlsleadership.org.