Girls Leadership is a fast-growing nonprofit organization that teaches girls to exercise the power of their voice. We work with girls, parents,caregivers, and educators to ensure lasting impact through teaching the practices of emotional intelligence, assertive self-expression and healthy relationships, giving girls the skills and confidence to live as leaders.
The Communications Intern supports implementation of the PR strategy and execution through posting our workshops to publications’ events listings, as well as researching and keeping track of relevant reporters, influencers, and thought-leadership opportunities for the brand. The position requires close collaboration with the New York Regional Director who oversees PR efforts and the Chief Engagement Officer.
The ideal candidate possesses prior experience in communications, writing, and PR. A successful candidate must be able to work independently, with a positive attitude, and a commitment to excellence. This internship is ideal for an undergraduate student looking to gain practical experience.
Role can include:
Posting Workshops to Calendars and Events Listings: You’ll help spread the word about upcoming workshops and events by increasing exposure and awareness throughout the nation.
- Research regional magazines and sites
- Work with Regional Director on what programs to promote on a monthly basis
- Create a creative description of the workshops that will excite readers
Media Lists and Thought Leadership Opportunities – You’ll become well versed in topics related to Girls Leadership such as racial and gender equity, education, female empowerment, and more and research who in the media are covering these beats.
- Research reporters and influencers who are writing articles or promoting campaigns that are relevant to Girls Leadership’s mission and core values and keep track of them in a Google Sheet.
- Research different panels, conferences and speaking opportunities for the executives of Girls Leadership to participate in.
Location: Remote / Online
Time Commitment: This position is 3 hours a week, with the possibility more hours depending on availability and PR initiatives.
Application Deadline: October 1st, 2021
Start Date: ASAP
Internship Duration: October – August
Payment: Intern will be paid $100 per working month
Please send a resume in word or pdf, and a cover letter pasted into the body of your email, to Dillan Arrick at email@example.com. Write “Communications – Your Name” in the subject line of the email.