This is an exciting time to join the team at Girls Leadership. We are growing rapidly and are seeking an experienced nonprofit executive to join the leadership team at our headquarters in Oakland, California. Our growth is driven by a three-year strategic plan to expand our work across lines of difference, such as race/ethnicity and class, to impact as many girls as possible. The CA Regional Director will report to the Chief Partnership Officer and drive outreach in our biggest market, California. The Regional Director is responsible for reaching specific goals for community outreach, board management, fundraising, and earned revenue. To be successful in this role, the Regional Director must build strategic relationships with ambassadors, funders and program delivery partners.
The CA Regional Director will:
- Develop and plan annual objectives for the region and measure progress towards Girls Leadership’s strategic objectives
- Recruit, retain, and manage a 12 person regional board of Directors with a give/get
- Lead fundraising efforts including, soliciting and stewarding individual and corporate donors and foundation grants to meet development goals
- Communicate persuasively Girl’s Leadership’s mission, values, and priorities to potential partners
- Manage, evaluate and provide direct support to the CA Outreach Manager and Program Manager to ensure revenue and impact goals are met each quarter
- Develop partnerships with community-based organizations and schools critical to Girls Leadership’s community building and success
The ideal candidate:
- Is committed to our values of Authentic Communication, Courageous Growth, Equity and Play
- Is passionate about girls’ empowerment and leadership
- Interacts effectively with diverse stakeholders and staff, and is committed to expanding and fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Fundraising experience in the $250K+ per year range.
- Experience managing to quarterly revenue targets
- Is a confident leader with a track record of leading organizations through times of rapid growth
- Works with high attention to detail and can manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Is a self-motivated, resourceful, innovative and strategic thinker, comfortable working independently with high personal accountability
- Experience managing others
- Experience with a CRM platform; Salesforce a plus
- Resides in the San Francisco Bay Area
Position is salaried, full time, flexible, and based at Girls Leadership Headquarters in Oakland, CA.
For over 15 years, Girls Leadership has awakened thousands of girls to a life of authentic leadership. Girls Leadership teaches girls the skills to exercise the power of their voice.
We teach in-person programs across the US, and produce free educational content and conduct original research, such as our current project, “Closing the Gap: Understanding How Girls of Color Become Leaders.” Our in-person programs teach girls, educators, and parents the core practices of emotional intelligence, healthy relationships, and assertive self-expression. Taught by professional, salaried instructors, all Girls Leadership programs use interactive lessons and educational theatre-based techniques to help girls connect with their emotions and practice the tools for building healthy, authentic relationships. The courses are age-appropriate and progressive, following girls’ developmental needs from grade school through high school.
We ask people to join our team who are skilled, experienced professionals in their field, but this is only part of what will make you successful as a Girls Leadership team member. We also seek team members who are authentic, seek to contribute to an equitable and inclusive community and build strong relationships with fellow team members, Girls Leadership clients and partners.
Compensation & Benefits: $85,000-$90,000 annually. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, dental/vision, unlimited vacation days with pre-approval, separate sick time, and 11 holidays per year.
Girls Leadership encourages individuals of all racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. Girls Leadership is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter in Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should include your full name and “CA Regional Director”
Applications will be reviewed and processed in the order received through June 28, 2019 or until the position is secured.