Last week we celebrated 13 years of speaking up with our New York City community. It was an extra special evening for us as our first in-person event since early 2020. Thanks to our corporate sponsors and donors, we raised over $500,000 last night — that’s thousands more girls coming into their power. You helped us far surpass our goal. Thank you.
The evening left us feeling inspired and so grateful to be with our community. Our MC Alicia Menendez was a wonderful and welcoming presence. Our honorees Valerie Jarrett, Susan Reid, and Eden Espinosa accepted their awards by thanking a person who helped them step into the power of their voice. And our student speaker, Kaila, inspired gratitude practices by encouraging people to write a Love Note to someone to tell them what qualities they admire about them.
View this post on Instagram
If you didn’t get a chance to give, you can still donate here. Your investments will help us support more educators to bring our culturally responsive curriculum to girls at scale, addressing the internal and external barriers to leadership for all our girls.
Thank you to our special guests, benefit committee, and sponsors. We all have a role to play in helping girls find their voice, and you have shown up in incredible ways.
Feature photo by Babita Patel
- Presenting: Morgan Stanley
- Champion: The Estée Lauder Companies
- Benefactor: Eldridge, GCM Grosvenor, Ernst & Young
- Gold: Benan Ellis, Leigh Fisher Savar & Avi Savar, Omidyar Network, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, SAP
- Silver: Coni Frezzo & Ed Sannini; IMB Partners; Michael & Jennifer Glassman; Renae Griffin; Maples Group; RiskSpan; Sachin Sondhi, Deloitte; Spark Collective; Lowery Family Fund
Renae Griffin (chair), Krystal Folk, Coni Frezzo, Pat Gillette, Kristi Rowe
Babita Patel, Batalá New York, Beryl Cahapay, Brooke Leal, Crystyn Wright, Danielle Bero, Eliza Cohen, Hannah McDonald, Ivie Joy Flowers, Marty Zack, Michael Seto, Sean Ryan, Sunny Reardon, Teana White