We really want to hear from your girl(s). The following questions should be filled out by the applicants. Please plan on writing these out in a word document or Google doc to copy and paste into the application.
*There is a maximum character limit of 2,000 for each question.
We are so excited that you’re interested in Girls Leadership! We want to make this the best possible experience for you and the other participants in the program. We’re asking the questions below to get to know you better. We’re not checking how you spell or write. We do want you to complete the questions below without help from an adult. We really only want to hear from you. There aren’t any “right” or “wrong” answers; just be yourself and let us know who you are.
- Why do you want to be a part of the Girls Leadership Summer Program?
- Tell us about a time you felt confident.
- Describe your relationships with friends.
- Tell us about a time when you were resilient.
- Our program serves girls from a diversity of backgrounds (socio-economic, racial, and cultural). We value honest communication about differences. How do you feel about being part of a program where you will participate in conversations around diversity?
FAMILY INTERVIEW – FIRST TIME PARTICIPANTS ONLY
All first-time participants will complete a 20-minute family interview AFTER the application is submitted. This is an opportunity for Girls Leadership to “meet” your family and learn more about your interests and goals for attending our summer program. It is also an opportunity for the family to learn more about Girls Leadership and ask questions about the Summer Program. This interview is usually scheduled through Google Hangout, Zoom, or Facetime, or by phone if this is the only available option.
After the interview, we will review your entire application and let you know our decision within two weeks. If accepted to the Girls Leadership Summer Program, you will receive an email acknowledging your acceptance.
Answering these questions lets us know what you are up to this year and what you are thinking these days.
- How have you used the Girl Leadership tools you learned during the Summer Program?
- Tell us something that you’ve done since attending the Summer Program that you are proud of.
- What is bringing you back next summer to the Girls Leadership Summer Program?
We will review your entire application and let you know our decision within two weeks. If accepted to the Girls Leadership Summer Program, you will receive an email acknowledging your acceptance.
We’re excited that you’re taking the next step in your leadership development. Please tells us more about why you are applying.
- Why do you want to be a Counselor in Training this summer?
- What interests you most about the most about the CIT experience?
- How do your past experiences relate to the Counselor in Training position and what strengths do you bring to the position?
- How do you define resiliency?
For more information about the application process, visit our CIT page.