Girls Leadership is looking for a creative and detail-oriented strategic thinker for our Social Media Coordinator to help grow Girls Leadership’s presence across our social channels. This person would manage Girls Leadership’s organic social media presence on key social platforms with a dedicated focus on Instagram and LinkedIn. The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for building community and brand awareness and reporting on analytics from our social channels. The role will require an emphasis on creative, execution, and data for both Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
What You’ll Do for Girls Leadership
- Engage in the social media ecosystem of Girls Leadership, including our funders, partners, trends in education, mental health, and social and emotional learning, the “girl world”, women’s rights, potential partners, etc…
- Contribute your ideas to turn Girls Leadership’s social media channels into destinations for our primary audience of professionals (teachers, guidance counselors, social workers, CBO staff, sports coaches, etc.), our secondary audience of parents and caregivers, and our tertiary audience, girls
- Report consistently on both organic and paid analytics
- Create strong sense of community through engagement and social activations
- Develop content for use across platforms and genres, including visiting programs, creating content from curriculum and central concepts, and capturing content at events
- Stay on top of social trends and cultural moments and recommend those that are relevant to Girls Leadership
What You’ll Bring to Girls Leadership
- At least1 year of professional Social Media experience (through full-time roles, internships, and/or on-campus positions), ideally this would include experience with paid social media advertising
- Experience growing both social media audiences and growing engagement
- Commitment to gender and racial equity
- Understanding of our organization’s mission and core values
- A keen intuition what marketing messages will resonate with our audience
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to produce accurate and quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Reasoned thinking and a general understanding of how to interpret data
- Self-motivated, adaptable, able to work autonomously and remotely and as part of a team. Willing to visit programs in the SF Bay Area to gather material for content.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knows when to loop in manager on certain tasks and projects that require support or approval.
- Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to suggest ideas on current team campaigns.
- Exhibits a “get-stuff-done” attitude while regularly communicating their working bandwidth with their manager.
- Attentive to detail and efficient in the management of diverse tasks and competing priorities
- Committed to our values of Authentic Communication, Courageous Growth, Equity and Play
Compensation & Benefits: This is a remote contract position, 20 hours a week for $25/hour. Because this is a contract position, no benefits are provided.
Girls Leadership encourages individuals of all racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. Girls Leadership is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Applicants of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read Social Media Coordinator.
Closing date for applications is September 9, 2022.
To learn more about Girls Leadership, please visit girlsleadership.org.