Girls Leadership is seeking a New York Program Manager to work in partnership with New York based Middle and High Schools. The New York Program Manager will report to the National Training Director and is a member of the Girls Leadership Program team. The primary job responsibilities include direct work with adolescent girls, co-designing curriculum with girls in schools, facilitating curriculum, providing support to Power Lab school educators and training teachers on the delivery of the curriculum.
The NY Program Manager will:
50% – Use Liberatory Design-thinking to develop, adapt, and innovate Girls Leadership curriculum through a culturally responsive, healing-centered lens that is designed to meet the needs of the most marginalized girls
- Innovate, create or modify Girls Leadership curricula with a culturally responsive, trauma-informed lens, incorporating a gender and racial equity lens to meet the social-emotional needs of girls.
- Conduct needs assessment processes and focus groups with girls and educators to identify priority areas for lesson and curriculum design
- Conduct design-thinking sessions with girls to create relevant curriculum.
- Design, facilitate and iterate lessons and activities to girls, based on girl and educator input.
- Collaborate with the Power Lab Training team to design and implement a Girls Leadership scope and sequence and curriculum for 6th through 12th grades.
- Evaluate effectiveness of lessons and activities through informal and formal assessment methods, and revise as needed.
15% – Provide direct programming services to girls engaged in Girls Leadership activities
- Deliver programming to adolescent girls in Girls Leadership programming including after school clubs, day camps and summer programming and research projects.
10% – Develop training and support for Educators
- Conduct needs assessment processes and focus groups with educators to identify areas of need for teacher support and training to effectively deliver curricula.
- Observe educators and provide feedback and support to effectively deliver social-emotional based lessons and activities.
- Design and facilitate learning experiences for educators to address identified areas of need.
- Evaluate effectiveness of learning experiences through informal and formal assessment methods.
- Collaborate with the Power Lab Training team to design, develop and iterate Girls Leadership teacher training.
25% – Deliver training for Educators
- Facilitate Girls Leadership Teacher Training nationally.
- Evaluate effectiveness of Girls Leadership Teacher Training.
- Direct service experience working on girls’ empowerment and leadership
- Commitment to gender and racial equity
- Experience facilitating and/or developing culturally responsive curricula and programs
- Knowledge and experience with trauma-informed/healing-centered teaching strategies and practices
- Experience designing professional development for educators
- Experience facilitating educator trainings
- Experience coaching educators
- Several years of recent middle and/or high school classroom experience
- Attentive to detail and efficient in the management of diverse tasks and competing priorities
- Self-motivated, resourceful, innovative, and comfortable working independently with high personal accountability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates social and emotional intelligence
- Committed to our values of Authentic Communication, Courageous Growth, Equity, and Play
- Ability to work from multiple locations across the New York metropolitan area, including the outer boroughs
- Experience organizing and conducting educational focus groups and/or needs assessments with K-12 youth from diverse backgrounds
- Experience and knowledge of mindfulness and self-compassion practices
- Background in Educational Theater and arts-integrated education
- Experience with Liberatory Design and Design Thinking
- Experience building partnerships with community-based organizations
- Degree in education or similar field
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking
Compensation & Benefits: This is a full-time exempt position. The starting salary for this position is $71,000. Benefits include health insurance (99% coverage for employee), optional dental/vision, unlimited paid time off with supervisor pre-approval, separate sick time, 11 holidays per year, and a 401(k) plan available after one year of service.
Girls Leadership encourages individuals of all racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. Girls Leadership is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Applicants of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in Word or pdf format to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should read New York Program Manager.
Applications will be reviewed and processed until the position is secured. To learn more about Girls Leadership, please visit girlsleadership.org.