New York Outreach Associate
Girls Leadership is seeking a talented sales and communications professional passionate about girls’ social and emotional development to help build, grow, and manage Girls Leadership’s transformative programs in New York.
The New York Outreach Associate will manage aspects of sales, marketing, and program/event management in the New York area, which includes lead prospecting, lead qualifying, program sales, program management, oversight of program marketing and delivery, and relationship stewardship after the program has concluded. This position reports to the New York Regional Director.
The Outreach Associate will:
- Answer leads, handle discovery calls, and work with clients to set up programs in their areas, including (but not limited to) Girl & Grown-up workshops, Parent Education presentations, and Professional Development trainings.
- Manage the planning and logistics of booked programs including securing sites, oversight of client marketing to meet minimum enrollment, handling registration and managing event logistics, and all client follow-through;
- Steward relationships with clients and participating families once program ends to cultivate continued interest in Girls Leadership programming;
- Work with the Regional Director to develop partnership sites with existing data, including developing relationships with local girl serving resources and organizations;
- Track, measure, and report on sales and marketing efforts through Salesforce and other platforms;
- Assist with and provide support for Girls Leadership events in New York.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about girls’ empowerment and leadership, across lines of difference;
- Is committed to our values of Authentic Communication, Courageous Growth, Equity, and Play;
- Demonstrates social and emotional intelligence;
- Has 2 to 4 years of sales or relevant experience;
- Is self-motivated, resourceful, a strategic thinker, and is someone comfortable working independently as a grassroots team member as we build the region;
- Knows how to work successfully as part of a dispersed virtual team;
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, including cross-cultural communications;
- Is comfortable speaking publicly with a wide range of influencers including school administrators and parents of K-8 graders;
- Has strong relationship and management skills;
- Has strong capabilities with databases or CRM software (Salesforce a plus);
- Is proficient with Excel;
- Is a systems-oriented thinker;
- Is attentive to detail and efficient in the management of diverse tasks and competing priorities;
- Has experience with the K-8 education landscape of New York – a plus
Compensation & Benefits: $27/hour
This is a part-time position (20 hours per week M-F) that is anticipated to become full time in January 2020. The position is based from a co-working space in Midtown Manhattan, New York, with both in-person meetings and online meetings with a virtual team. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends to support outreach events. Local travel required.
For over 15 years, Girls Leadership has awakened thousands of girls to a life of authentic leadership. We’re on a mission to teach girls the skills to exercise the power of their voice.
We offer in-person programs across the US, and produce free educational content and conduct original research, such as our upcoming project, “Closing the Gap: Understanding How Girls of Color Become Leaders.” Our in-person programs teach girls, educators, and parents the core practices of emotional intelligence, healthy relationships, and assertive self-expression. Taught by professional, salaried instructors, all Girls Leadership programs use interactive lessons and educational theatre based techniques to help girls connect with their emotions and practice the tools for building healthy, authentic relationships. The courses are age-appropriate and progressive, following girls’ developmental needs from grade school through high school.
We ask people to join our team who are skilled, experienced professionals in their field, but this is only part of what will make you successful as a Girls Leadership team member. We also seek team members who are authentic, seek to contribute to an equitable and inclusive community and build strong relationships with fellow team members, Girls Leadership clients and partners.
Girls Leadership encourages individuals of all racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. Girls Leadership is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should include your full name and “NY Outreach Associate.”
Applications will be reviewed and processed in the order received through November 4, 2019, or until the position is secured. To learn more about Girls Leadership, please visit www.girlsleadership.org.