Girls Leadership is a small but fast-growing nonprofit organization. Girls Leadership equips girls with the skills to exercise the power of their voice. We work with girls, parents and caregivers, and educators to ensure lasting impact through teaching the practices of emotional intelligence, assertive self-expression and healthy relationships, giving girls the skills and confidence to live as leaders.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, the Communications Intern supports implementation of the marketing and communications strategy through maintenance of the Girls Leadership website, management of GL’s social media and online content, and other projects. The position requires close collaboration with the Community Engagement Manager, the Director of Outreach, and the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate possesses prior experience in online marketing and communications, social media, analytics, human-centered design, and organizing and prioritizing marketing projects. A successful candidate must be able to work independently, with a positive attitude, and a commitment to excellence. This internship is ideal for an undergraduate student looking to gain practical experience.
Role can include:
Content Marketing – You’ll learn and grow skills that provide our community with the content, tools, and resources they need to build resilience, bravery, and connection.
- Create images for Social Media, Website, and Email Marketing
- Organize photo inventory
- Edit and format content for our WordPress site
- Audit Blog and Video tags in order to design a user-focused tagging vocabulary
- Report weekly on analytics for Social Media, Website, and Email Marketing
- Build a reference guide of best performing titles, times, and content types
- Create automated analytics dashboards
Social Media – You’ll develop a deep empathy for our online community, learn to speak their language, and engage them in vibrant conversations.
- Research topics and social conversations relevant to our community
- Curate and schedule Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat,YouTube, and LinkedIn content
- Moderate and engage on social channels
- Build a reference guide of tags for use across social channels
- Your ideas and concepts are welcome!
This internship provides the opportunity to gain experience and support a fast-paced and growing non-profit, as well as networking opportunities with seasoned marketing and social media professionals. This is an unpaid internship position.
Location: Oakland, CA, with option to work from home most of the time.
Time Commitment: This position is 10 to 16 hours a week, with the possibility for fewer or more hours depending on the availability and production schedule.
Application Deadline: Quarterly, based on a school-year calendar.
Start Date: Quarterly, based on a school-year calendar.
Please send a resume in word or pdf, and a cover letter pasted into the body of your email, to Dorothy Ponton at email@example.com. Write “Communications – Your Name” in the subject line of the email.