Girls Leadership equips girls with the skills to exercise the power of their voice. We work with girls, parents, caregivers, educators, and coaches to ensure lasting impact by teaching the practices of assertive self-expression and strengthening emotional intelligence.
Girls Leadership was founded in 2001 by bestselling author and girl-expert Rachel Simmons and educator Simone Marean. Together, they created a critically acclaimed program and curriculum that delivers workshops, a residential summer program, and teacher training. We are growing rapidly, driven by a three-year strategic plan to expand our work across lines of difference, such as race and class, to impact as many girls as possible. We are a small, fast-growing nonprofit organization. We are seeking an experienced customer service representative with administrative experience to support our client service needs and our team.
- Provide excellent customer service; answer and field and respond to the high volume of inquiry emails/phone calls about our programs, camps, and events across all regions.
- Register participants for programs and process scholarship applications.
- Update registration system and website with new programs.
- Provide administrative support to the Outreach team by sending rosters and site information to Educators, and provide other support as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the CA Outreach Manager, including communication with clients about program details.
- Manage, schedule and send weekly program emails to participants.
- Manage inventory of program materials, including booklets, handouts, and program activity supplies.
- Manage program admin volunteers when needed.
- Manage distribution of program supplies, including communication with Educators regarding supply need, ordering supplies through outside vendors, and shipping supplies from headquarters.
- Assist with outbound communications, mailings, and merchandise shipments.
- Manage inventory and organization of merchandise.
- Assist with Summer Program administration as needed, such as assembling family welcome packets, scheduling mailings, and/or reviewing health and other forms submitted by families.
Knowledge & Skills Desired
- A passion for providing high-quality customer service in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in MS Word, Excel, Google Apps, and Mac-friendly; bonus points for Salesforce knowledge
- Responsible, motivated and flexible, able to work both on a team and as an independent self-starter
- Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to assist in the areas of greatest need
- Detail-oriented, with a high degree of organization and resourcefulness
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet tight deadlines, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Passionate about girl-empowerment and leadership
- Prior administrative and customer service experience with excellent references
Reports to: Operations Manager
Application Deadline: February 1, 2019, or until filled
Length of Engagement: Full time, permanent position
Location: Oakland, CA
Application Instructions: Please send resume and cover letter in Microsoft word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Client Services Outreach Associate” and your name in the subject of the email.