Member of the California Board of Directors
Mission We equip girls with the skills to exercise the power of their voice.
Values We structure our work around four central values: Authentic Communication, Courageous Growth, Equity, and Play.
For more information, please visit Girls Leadership’s website at www.girlsleadership.org or contact Laura Martinez, California Regional Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The California Board of Directors will work in close partnership with the California Regional Director and California Board Chair as we set forth and execute a strategy to advance equity to equip all girls with the skills to exercise the power of their voice.
The ideal candidate will bring their network, resources, and leadership experience to Girls Leadership at this critical inflection point. An understanding of racial and gender equity efforts will be essential to meeting our goals of serving girls, families, and schools across differences. The CA Board of Directors will support and sustain the work of Girls Leadership, and provide governance leadership and strategic fundraising support. Specific responsibilities include:
Leadership, Governance, and Oversight
- Being a trusted advisor to the CA Regional Director as they collaborate to develop and implement Girls Leadership’s strategic plan;
- Developing and managing relationships and communicating with: funders, partners, and other stakeholders;
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Girls Leadership for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics;
- Regularly consults with board chair on their roles and helps them reach their goals;
- Partnering with the CA Regional Director to ensure that board resolutions are carried out;
- Acting as an ambassador for the organization; and
- Ensuring Girls Leadership’s commitment to a diverse board that reflects the communities Girls Leadership serves.
- Personally treating Girls Leadership as a top philanthropic priority reflected in an annual financial gift; and
- Identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major individual donors, corporate, and/or foundation gifts.
Girls Leadership’s Board Chair (and board members) will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the potential impact of Girls Leadership’s diverse beneficiaries in the Bay Area.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Desire to bring your community of advocates, professional networks and/or donors in supporting the credibility and sustainability of Girls Leadership;
- A commitment to and understanding of Girls Leadership’s beneficiaries and mission;
- Strong personal commitment to social justice and gender equity;
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with a natural affinity for public speaking; and
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Girls Leadership’s beneficiaries.
Service on Girls Leadership’s board of directors is without remuneration.