Registration Now Open! November 2, 3, and 4, 2015 – Simmons College, Boston, MA – REGISTER HERE!
- Are you an educator, clinician, coach, academic, or social justice advocate working with girls and young women?
- Interested in knowing the latest research, interventions, and tools to support the girls you work with?
- Eager to learn from two of the nation’s top experts on the social-emotional development of girls?
- Become certified to teach the Girl Meets World curriculum;
- Learn the latest research on girls’ development and psychological aggression under the instruction of Rachel Simmons and Simone Marean;
- Practice leading activities and receive coaching and feedback;
- Learn how to create a learning environment in which girls can be themselves;
- Share strategies and experiences with colleagues from around the country;
- Learn GLI’s unique games and activities;
- Receive one copy of the curriculum.
To participate, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Employment by a school or youth services organization
- Employment as a clinician working with youth, including private practice
- Formal volunteer position with a youth services organization, such as Girl Scout troop leader
If you have any questions about eligibility, please call our office at (410) 878-2258, ext. 0 or email email@example.com.
Please be advised that registration does not guarantee enrollment. You will be notified of your application’s status within two weeks of its submission. If your application is not accepted, we will refund your program fee. Applications are processed in the order received. Please be advised that certification to teach Girl Meets World does not authorize individuals to sell the program or train others to teach it.
$895 for three-day training. Tuition fee includes one copy of the Girl Meets World curriculum.
- Lunch and refreshments on day one and two
- Continental breakfast all three days
- Evening Happy Hour on day one
- One copy of the curriculum
Dress for comfort and play. Please, no heels or restrictive clothing.
No credits or refunds are available within 30 days of the start of the program.
Monday, November 2 – 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
|10:00||Introduction, Community Building & “Good Girls vs. Real Girls”|
|11:30||Using Role Play with Students|
|2:15||I Feel, Therefore I Am: Building Emotional Intelligence in Girls|
|4:00||The End of Blame: Teaching Ownership and Responsibility|
Happy Hour 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday, November 3 – 10:00 AM — 4:00 PM
|10:00||The Power of Play and Being Silly with Girls|
|11:00||The Four Steps: Healthy Conflict & Interpersonal Efficacy|
|12:00||Doing It: Strategies for Optimal Instruction|
|2:00||Nobody’s Perfect: Girls & Self Image|
|3:00||Teaching Preparation in Partners|
Wednesday, November 4- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
|9:45||Teaching Practice with Coaching|
|12:00||Closing and Evaluations|