APRIL 20-22, 2015 – STANFORD UNIVERSITY – STANFORD, CA – SOLD OUT. Please sign up for the waitlist here! Dates for our Boston training in Fall 2015 will be available soon.
- Are you an educator, clinician, coach, academic, or social justice advocate working with girls and young women?
- Interested in knowing the latest research, interventions, and tools to support the girls you work with?
- Eager to learn from two of the nation’s top experts on the social-emotional development of girls?
- Become certified to teach the Girl Meets World curriculum;
- Learn the latest research on girls’ development and psychological aggression under the instruction of Rachel Simmons and Simone Marean;
- Practice leading activities and receive coaching and feedback;
- Learn how to create a learning environment in which girls can be themselves;
- Share strategies and experiences with colleagues from around the country;
- Learn GLI’s unique games and activities;
- Receive one copy of the curriculum.
To participate, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Employment by a school or youth services organization
- Employment as a clinician working with youth, including private practice
- Formal volunteer position with a youth services organization, such as Girl Scout troop leader
If you have any questions about eligibility, please call our office at (410) 878-2258, ext. 1.
Please be advised that registration does not guarantee enrollment. You will be notified of your application’s status within two weeks of its submission. If your application is not accepted, we will refund your program fee. Applications are processed in the order received. Please be advised that certification to teach Girl Meets World does not authorize individuals to sell the program or train others to teach it.
$895 for three-day training. Tuition fee includes one copy of the Girl Meets World curriculum.
- Lunch and refreshments on Monday and Tuesday
- Continental breakfast all three days
- Evening Happy Hour on Monday
- One copy of the curriculum
Girls Leadership has arranged courtesy rates at the following hotels:
- $339/night plus tax
- 625 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94301
- To book, please call 1-800-325-3535 and mention “Girl Meets World.” A block of rooms will be held until March 30th, so please book before this date. Availability and rate are not guaranteed after this date.
Hampton Inn and Suites - Mountain View - Approximately 15 minute drive from Stanford University
- $274/night, plus tax
- 390 Moffett Boulevard, Mountain View, CA 94043
- To book, please call 1-650-988-0300 and ask to speak with Azma. Please mention the Girls Leadership Girl Meets World training. A block of rooms will be held until April 5th, so please book before this date. Availability and rate are not guaranteed after this date. Please note that room cancellations must be made by April 12th in order to receive a refund from the hotel.
Dress for comfort and play. Please, no heels or restrictive clothing.
Full tuition refunds are available up to 60 days prior to the start of the program. If you cancel more than 30 days, but less than 60 days prior to the program, we can offer you a 50% tuition refund. No refunds are available within 30 days of the start of a program.
Monday, April 20 – 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
|10:00||Introduction, Community Building & “Good Girls vs. Real Girls”|
|11:30||Using Role Play with Students|
|2:15||I Feel, Therefore I Am: Building Emotional Intelligence in Girls|
|4:00||The End of Blame: Teaching Ownership and Responsibility|
Happy Hour 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday, April 21 – 10:00 AM — 4:00 PM
|10:00||The Power of Play and Being Silly with Girls|
|11:00||The Four Steps: Healthy Conflict & Interpersonal Efficacy|
|12:00||Doing It: Strategies for Optimal Instruction|
|2:00||Nobody’s Perfect: Girls & Self Image|
|3:00||Teaching Preparation in Partners|
Wednesday, April 22 – 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
|9:45||Teaching Practice with Coaching|
|12:00||Closing and Evaluations|