Position Title: Office Manager
Reports To: Director of Operations
Nature of the Position: Seasonal and Residential
Dates: June 23 – August 16, 2016, full time
Number of Positions: 1
Girls Leadership Description:
Girls Leadership teaches girls tools for assertive self-expression, emotional intelligence, and healthy relationships for a life of authentic leadership. Our programs include parent-daughter workshops, day camps, a residential summer program, and professional development trainings for educators, parent education presentations, and after-school classes.
Girls Leadership seeks an Office Manager dedicated to girls’ social and emotional development to work at its residential summer program at Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, MA, from June 23 – August 16, 2016. Girls Leadership summer program is divided into two, three-week sessions, serving girls in grades six through twelve (sixth graders attend for a ten-day session).
Under the supervision and support of the Director of Operations, the Office Manager manages the operations of the Girls Leadership Summer Program.
The Office Manger receives one day off every 7-8 days and two days off in between sessions. Working as a member of the Girls Leadership staff is a unique, exciting and demanding opportunity. Creating the Girls Leadership community requires hard work, long hours, and significant commitment. Staff must maintain a high level of energy, patience, professionalism, and compassion from early morning wake-up to evening staff meetings. This intense work schedule requires stamina and dedication. The result is an incredibly rewarding job transforming the lives of adolescent girls.
Overall Staff Statement:
All Girls Leadership staff are active members in creating an inclusive summer program community. By engaging the fundamental concepts of the Girls Leadership curriculum, we work together to ensure that members of the community identities are celebrated. It is our collective responsibility to challenge and support each other and the girls to work together to create a more socially just and empowering Girls Leadership community.
• Create a safe, nurturing, inclusive community that celebrates each girl.
• Role model the values and skills of the Girls Leadership curriculum.
• Execute customer support to parents and vendors. The Office Manager will respond to all parent inquiries by phone and email.
• Confirm all off-campus trip activities, making phone calls and additional arrangements as necessary.
• Confirm all dietary needs with Mount Holyoke staff for on and off-campus days.
• Execute pre-arrival family calls before the beginning of each session.
• Meet daily with Director of Operations.
• Execute and manage daily mail pickup and distribution.
• Manage meal lead and clean up schedule.
• Execute and manage system of girl’s spending money.
• Execute and manage Girls Leadership merchandise
• Manage supply inventory and ordering of program supplies in advance.
• Order and Track all summer program supplies.
• Manage the close of the program including inventory, packing, and storage.
• Support the Arts Intensive Weekend ensuring that visiting teachers and logistics are coordinated.
• Manage all airport and ground transportation to and from MHC to Bradley and Logan airport.
• Oversee the summer program office space and ensure that the space is clean, organized, and welcoming.
• Manage daily logistics of rental car usage and fuel maintenance.
• Manage any communication with MHC housekeeping staff to ensure the dorm and office is cleaned and organized.
• Document operational Summer Program procedures and save in Dropbox.
• Serve as a mandated reporter.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Support and engage in seven full days of staff training at Mount Holyoke College, June 23 – 30
• Support and engage in two full days of staff evaluation and program closing at Mount Holyoke College, August 14 & 15
A sample of a typical day for the Office Manager
8:40 Office Work
1:35 Errands & Office Work
You may be asked to work after 6 pm.
Candidates must be at least 23 years of age, have at least 2 years of office/administrative experience, possess basic accounting/bookkeeping skills, have some supervisory experience, thrive in fast-paced environments, and be able to multi-task. Employment is contingent upon a clear background check.
The ideal candidate will:
• Demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion practices
• Demonstrate excellent cross-cultural communication skills
• Demonstrate social and emotional intelligence
• Demonstrate the ability to care for oneself during a demanding work schedule
• Demonstrate a “can do” attitude
• Be able to create and manage efficient office systems
• Proficiency of Microsoft Office Excel on PC and Mac platforms
• Engage excellent communication skills
• Engage excellent customer service skills
• Be responsible and self-motivated
• Have the ability to remain flexible and patient in the face of time pressure and multiple demands
• Be detail-oriented and committed to excellence
• Approach crisis management and challenges calmly, creatively, and proactively
• Work effectively with others as part of a team
• Open to and participate in professional observation and regular feedback
• Be passionate about girls’ empowerment and leadership
• Have a current and valid drivers license
• $4,200 for eight weeks of summer program inclusive of staff training and office preparation, June 23 – August 16, 2016
• Room and board at Mount Holyoke College for June 23 – August 15, 2015
• Total travel reimbursement, for arriving to campus in June and leaving in August, is not to exceed $200 total if traveling beyond a 150 mile radius one-way from Mount Holyoke College. Point of origin and distance needs to be confirmed with the Summer Program Director before travel.
• Upon arrival only, Girls Leadership will pick up staff arriving to Bradley International Airport, Amherst Bus Stop and Springfield Amtrak station. Girls Leadership is not able to accommodate transportation after the summer due to limited vehicle access.
Applications will be reviewed and processed in the order received. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. This job posting will be removed once the position is filled. Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, the application (click here for application), and at least three references’ contact information in MS Word or a PDF format to Cora Garner at email@example.com.
The subject line of the email should include your full name and “Office Manager Application.” Please call 866.744.9102, extension 2 with any questions. To watch the Girls Leadership video, see photos from last summer, or read testimonials please visit www.girlsleadership.org. Girls Leadership is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals of color are encouraged to apply.
Girls Leadership is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, gender expression, disability, or sexual orientation.